Sunday, May 30, 2010

Prayer for Our Planet

What an exhilarating, mind-staggering, incredibly powerful time to be alive on this planet. Here we are in 2010. All the prophecies point to these days as the most intense, and boy are they ever! We have experienced unprecedented earthquakes, storms, tsunamis, floods, droughts, illnesses. While we can react in fear, this is not the choice for me. When I feel overwhelmed, I breathe....and I pray.

I pray for the beings on the planet. May they awaken to their full potential. I pray for the healing of the planet, her systems, her plants, animals, minerals, people. I pray for my daughter, her children, that the next generations have a safe place to live and play and breathe and dance. I pray that greed gets replaced by gratitude, that selfishness gets replaced by generosity. I pray that complacency gets replaced by action, ignorance by knowledge.

I pray for the oceans...that all the creatures within it are free to live without toxic influence, without garbage, without sonar disruptions and migratory blockages. I pray for the winged creatures, that they have safe places to nest and procreate and eat.

I pray for myself...that I have the strength, patience and wisdom to live each and every single day as the living gift that it is, that I don't forget my roots and the planet that gave me life.

I pray for the angels, that they continue to whisper awakenings into our ears. I pray for our higher selves to be welcomed into our consciousness. I pray that we all awaken from this deep, dreamy sleep. I pray that we do not drown in our own toxic seas, that we do not choke on our own toxic airs, that we do not get poisoned by our own toxic "foods."

I pray that coldness gets replaced by kindness, that love becomes the norm. I pray we eradicate "hate" and eventually have no concept of it. I pray for everyone who has cancer, for everyone that is lonely, for everyone that is confused. May they know their own strength within and be comforted by its grace.

I pray for you and your family. Thank you for reading this. May you walk in dignity and grace. May you be supported, loved, and honored. May you return this ten thousand fold to the world around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment